Instagram -->

понедельник, 11 марта 2013 г.

Welcome everyone!

So, this is my 2nd attempt to write a blog in English. This time I'm going to focus mainly on my wardrobe, because I desperately need to change it.

I live in Russia, raise two kids, and if you're interested in my life and how I manage to buy new clothes here, especially with my tiny budget - you're welcomed to join!

I've been reading a lot of fashion blogs lately -as a result I completely decluttered my closet and donated all the clothes I no longer need. All I had left were 4 pairs of jeans (two of them still need to be hemmed), one pair of pants, 4 dresses, 1 pencil skirt, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts, 2 tops, 2 sweaters (I need to donate one of them, but I can do it only after I will have bought a new one), 1 cardigan, 5 T-shirts, Hunter boots, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of flats, 2 pair of heels and... What else.. Yeh, and a couple of accessaries. Oh, and my outerwear - one warm winter coat, one spring/automn coat and one leather jacket. Not much, I know. Such a sad picture is a result of mom buying me sort of 40 year old virgin clothes when I was a teen, some lack of money and the absence of my ability to create a capsule wardrobe. You can call me lucky - after ginving birth to my daughter I didn't gain any weight (I was only 20 after all) and after my son was born (who waighted 4,7 kg!!!) I managed to return to my normal weight (50-51 kg) in 4 postpartum months.

The money are still the biggest issue - I'm on a maternity leave (in Russia you can stay with your kid for 18 or 24 months and they can't fire you during that time) and my husband is a physicist.  You probably think 'how can you have small budget if your husband is a physicist?" Well, here's the problem - in Russia you can earn more money by working at McDonals than by having a PhD;) That's true. That's why we're thinking of moving abroad after my husband (I'm going to call him Lesha hereafter) completes his PhD.

Enough about our money situation. That's not my biggest problem concerning my wordrobe. Of course the main problem is - I always prefer to buy something for my kids or for our appartment  than for me. So, from now on and for I don't know how longer, I'm going to indulge myself and spent 2000-3000 RUB (65-95$) per month on my wardrobe. Hell, who knows maybe even more! I'm looking for a new job after all)

So, wish me good luck and please, please, do not hesitate to correct my English mistakes!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий